We collect Data through the following methods:
- The Student Records System (SRS) which we receive by the beginning of the academic year.
- Data you provide directly to us such as your name, telephone/ mobile number, e-mail address, home address, faculty, year of study (for students), and occupation (for staff). We do not have an intent to sell, swap, rent, or otherwise disclose for commercial purposes or any other purposes, outside the scope of our ordinary functions, any Data you provide to us.
While we shall exert reasonable efforts to protect Data provided to us, we cannot guarantee that this Data shall remain secure, and we are not responsible for any loss or theft regarding such Data
- Data related to the ways in which you interact with the Services and/or websites, such as statistical data about the Library entrance and the use of its services, usage of Library databases and usage of the Library website
We may use the Data we collect from and about you to:
- Fulfil membership requests in the Library system to be able to borrow, renew and return items.
- Fulfil bookings of Library venues
- Process payments of credits or penalty fees.
- Contact the users in case of lateness in returning books
- Provide and improve the Services, including developing new features or services, take steps to secure the Services, and for technical support.
- Send you Data about your interaction with us, account alerts, or other communications.
- Process and respond to your inquiries or to request your feedback.
- Conduct analytics, research, and reporting, including to synthesize and derive insights from your use of our Services.
- Comply with the law and protect the safety, rights, property, or security of the University, the Services, our community and Users, and the general public.
- Enforce our policies and bylaws, including to investigate potential violations thereof.
We may disclose and/or share your Data only under the following circumstances:
– Legal Compliance
We may disclose your Data if required to do so by law or on a good faith belief that such disclosure is permitted by this Policy or reasonably necessary or appropriate for any of the following reasons:
- To comply with legal process; and
We retain the Data we collect for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes set forth in this Policy or as long as we are legally required or permitted to do so.
Access and Disclosure
All requests for disclosure of, or access to, confidential Data maintained in the records of the University must be directed to the office of the University’s Legal Counsel. Disposition of such requests shall be made by the University’s Legal Counsel in consultation with the appropriate custodian of the particular University record(s).
Notice: The Policy written in this document depends mainly on the BUE and SCONUL’s Privacy policies