Cities and Global Governance : New Sites for International Relations / edited by Mark Amen ... [et al.].Material type: TextSeries: Global interdisciplinary studies seriesPublication details: Farnham, Surrey ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate, 2011.Description: xiv, 226 p. : ill. ; 24 cmISBN:
- 9781409408932 (hardback : alk. paper)
- 9781409408949 (ebk. : alk. paper)
- Subnational governments -- Foreign relations
- Subnational governments -- Foreign relations -- Case studies
- Municipal government -- International cooperation
- Municipal government -- International cooperation -- Case studies
- Globalization -- Political aspects
- Globalization -- Political aspects -- Case studies
- 327.1 23 CIT
|Item type||Current library||Collection||Call number||Vol info||Status||Date due||Barcode||Item holds|
|Book - Borrowing||Central Library First floor||MERIC||327.1 CIT (Browse shelf(Opens below))||31368||Available||000026040|
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Sighting or slighting cities in international relations -- The emerging global landscape and the new role of the globalizing city regions -- Paradiplomacy in the developing world: the case of Brazil -- The emergence of cross-border regions and Canadian-United States relations -- The evolution of city indicators: challenges and progress -- Auditing cities through circles of sustainability -- Cities, the environment, and global governance: a political ecological perspective -- Cities and global environmental NGOs: emerging transnational urban networks? -- The global city today: advantages of specialization and costs of financialization -- World city networks: measurement, social organization, global governance, and structural change -- Concluding remarks.
There are no comments on this title.