States, Citizens and the Privatization of Security / Elke Krahmann.Material type: TextPublication details: Cambridge, UK : Cambridge University Press, 2010.Description: xi, 305 p. : ill. ; 24 cmISBN:
- 9780521110198 (hbk.)
- 052111019X (hbk.)
- 9780521125192 (pbk.)
- 0521125197 (pbk.)
- States, citizens, and the privatization of security
- National security -- Case studies
- Security, International -- Case studies
- Contracting out -- Case studies
- Private military companies -- Case studies
- State, The -- Case studies
- Civil-military relations -- Case studies
- Democracy -- Case studies
- Great Britain -- Military policy
- United States -- Military policy
- Germany -- Military policy
- 355.354 22 KRA
- UA10.5 .K73 2010
|Item type||Current library||Collection||Call number||Vol info||Status||Date due||Barcode||Item holds|
|Book - Borrowing||Central Library First floor||Baccah||355.354 KRA (Browse shelf(Opens below))||10485||Available||000021399|
Includes bibliographical references (p. 286-301) and index.
State monopoly on violence and the democratic control over military force -- The transformation of the state and the soldier -- United Kingdom: private financing and the management of security -- United States: shrinking the state, outsourcing the soldier -- Germany: between public-private partnerships and conscription -- Iraq and beyond: contractors in deployed operations -- The future of democratic security: contractorization or cosmopolitanism?
There are no comments on this title.